"Our bolts will blaze."
Albowtross (Stick Empires) or Flying Crossbowman (Stick War 2) serves as a advanced ranged unit for Order. They are called flying crossbowmen in-game. Despite their high damage capability, their lower speeds and high costs make them less used in high level play.
The Albowtross are stick figures armed with a crossbow and mechanical paper (by default) wings, although game lore says the wings are amplified by magic.
|Health||2 bars Armoured (18HP)|
3.51 High (Blazing Bolts)
|Attack Speed||0.9 a/s|
1.76 (Blazing Bolts)
|Speed (m/s)||1.72 Medium-Low|
|Cost||450 Gold, 200 Mana|
|Training Time||24 seconds|
Blazing Bolts is an upgrade available to The Albowtross. It costs 400 gold and is instantly applied to all Albowtross in your army.
Blazing Bolts increases damage slightly, as well as making Albowtross do increased damage to armor, instead of reduced damage. As well, any hit units will be burned.
A large group of Albowtross' with the blazing bolts ability can sometimes rack up serious damage onto enemies, sometimes, it is also important to have your Albowtross' focus their fire on a single target, rather than having them shoot all over the place. A group of 5 or 6 Albowtross' focusing fire on one target can destroy the enemy unit fairly quickly, and should not be underestimated.
Albowtross are usually seen as an upgrade from Archidons, with higher damage potential, durability and the immunity to melee attackers. This makes them a mid/late-game ranged unit that can essentially break through defensive lines, something Archidons cannot easily do. Perfect for sniping melee units. The Albowtross is also very good for pushing through and fending off attackers, due to their insane amounts of damage, something else Archidons cannot do.
However, they lack the speed and range of Archidons, making them less versatile but more suited to direct confrontations. Their low speeds can make them easier to hit using the Magikill.
It can have "Blazing Bolts" which is a passive ability can deal additional damage to armored units. Overall it is a very situational unit.
- Albowtross used to have a shorter build time of 20 seconds, but this was increased due to the prevelancy of spam.
- Albowtross are armoured, and since their upgrade makes them highly effective against armour, Albowtross are effective against themselves, which is somewhat ironic.
- Despite a real crossbow needing considerable force (usually both arms and the full body weight of the user) to pull back the strings, the Albowtross does so with one arm.
- Most Albowtross users cycle albows in an air battle.
- In Stick War 2, the Albowtross is referred to as a "Flying Crossbowman"